- Maturity: 8 July 2024
- Investor entitled to the repayment of 100% of the capital in US dollar at maturity2
- Specified denomination: US dollar 100
- Variable return at maturity linked to the performance of the Ethical Europe Climate Care Index3
World Bank Green Growth Bond 07/2024 is a structured bond, characterized by:
A limited subscription period
Subscription to World Bank Green Growth Bond 07/2024 is only possible from 9am on 16 November to 4pm on 29 December 2015 (subject to early closing)1.
A predetermined maturity
World Bank Green Growth Bond 07/2024 is designed for an investment horizon of eight years and a half, until its maturity on 8 July 2024. At maturity the product will be redeemed in accordance with the terms summarized below.
It might be possible to sell the Bonds before the maturity date but liquidity is not guaranteed and whether the investor will realize a gain or loss at such time is not measurable a priori.
A redemption amount at maturity based on one single parameter
The potential redemption premium, depends on the evolution of the Ethical Europe Climate Care Index4.
How is the redemption premium calculated?
- On the Initial Observation Date, the closing level of the Index is noted and adopted as initial level.
- During each of the last 31 months prior to maturity, at the Monthly Observation Dates, the closing levels of the Index are noted and compared with its initial level. Such comparison gives us the performance of the Index on each Monthly Observation Date. The average of such Index performances is the « Adopted Performance ».
- At maturity, you receive:
A redemption premium equal to the Adopted Performance2-4, if the latter is positive.
If the Adopted Performance is negative or zero, no redemption premium is paid but you still receive:
These scenarios are provided for purposes of illustration only. This hypothetical analysis should not be taken as an indication of actual historical or future performance of the Index or the Bond. The internal rates of returns showed in the scenarios are calculated in US dollar before taxes and other costs and expenses that may be charged by financial intermediaries and are based on the Offer Price of 102%.
- The Index follows a downward trend.
- The Adopted Performance is equal to the average of the 31 Index performances and amounts to -20.0% relative to its initial level.
- At maturity, you receive: 100,0 %2 of the capital
The gross internal rate of return amounts to -0.23%2.
- The Index follows an upward trend.
- The Adopted Performance is equal to the average of the 31 Index performances and amounts to +12.8% relative to its initial level.
- At maturity, you receive: The capital + 12,8 % = 112,8 %2-4 of the capital
The gross internal rate of return amounts to +1.19%2.
- L’Indice suit une tendance haussière.
- La Performance Retenue, égale à la moyenne des 31 performances de l’Indice, s’établit à +38,4 % par rapport à son niveau initial.
- At maturity, you receive: Le capital + 38,4 % = 138,4 %2-4 du capital
The gross internal rate of return amounts to +3,66 %2.
Under the conditions specified in the Final Terms.
Excluding fees and taxes, paid in US dollars and therefore subject to foreign exchange risk if the investor converts the capital and the potential redemption premium that are paid to them from US dollar to euro, and subject to the absence of default by the World Bank.
« Ethical Europe Climate Care Index » is a trademark owned by SOLACTIVE AG. ISIN code: DE000SLA03W2. This Index is a Price Return index. This means that dividends distributed by this index’s equities are not reinvested into it and therefore have no direct influence on its performance, unlike a Total Return index.
Subject to withholding tax.